Thursday, February 3, 2011

Confession Time!

I have something that I need to get off of my chest.

Saturday night - I cut off my cast.

I know, I know.... Trust me, between my husband and my co-workers I've heard all of the reasons why that was completely stupid.

So, like a responsible adult (versus the three year old I turned into on Saturday night, hacking away at my cast with pruning shears), I made an appointment to see my Orthopedic Doctor today.

My dearest husband was convinced they would put me in another cast and repremanded me on the way to the doctor with threats of bone death if I didn't accept the fact that a cast was for healing, not torturous, purposes.

When we went in I confessed to the casting nurse my sins and like an angel from heaven she said that we should be optimistic he wouldn't put another cast on.

After some x-rays, reviewing the x-rays, and bending and mashing, the doctor laid down the final verdict:

I'M FREE PEOPLE!

I don't even need physical therapy!!!!

So, despite it being a completely stupid idea - cutting off my cast saved me two more weeks of arm imprisonment. BOOOOYEAH!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to call my mom and tell her......

Stay tuned

1 comment:

  1. wow. they probably should have put another one on to teach you a lesson. lol.

    ReplyDelete