Monday, March 7, 2011

No news is...good news?

Week's Weight: 193

I know, right? The same? Really? I did take this body to they gym with me, not my spare? I mean, come on..

These thoughts plagued me this morning after weighing. But then I realized these things:

I only worked out once last week due to under the weatherness and conflicting schedules. I didn't religiously do my ab moves everyday like I was supposed to. I probably could have eaten less. Aunt Flo is visiting and she has never been nice to my weight.

Then I realized that I also needed to celebrate my successes last week:

I went to the gym and worked out!! Do you even know how long it's been since I've done that regularly?

There was fudge in our house for three days and I didn't have any. (okay...I asked once, but Caleb said "no" like a good accountability husband)

There were Girl Scout Cookies (thin mints) in the freezer for several days and I didn't have any. (sigh...so I begged for these...but it's the end result that counts right?)

I cooked twice, both healthy meals with lots of veggies. I got lots of rest this last weekend, and was actually happy to go to work today.

I would say we have a net gain of awesomeness!!!

Every day it gets a little easier and a little harder all at the same time.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. take that ish out the house, girl! nate and i crave ice cream, like, every second. but by the time we finish arguing about who has to go to dom's and pick it up, we're over it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing that has helped me the most is Kalyn's Kitchen http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/
    her recipes are wonderful and so easy. I've learned that cooking on Sunday helps me eat better the rest of the week. Also have healthy snacks already made in the kitchen so you don't eat the icecream or cookies. I'm a huge veggie person, but if I don't take the time to cut them all up when I get home from the grocery store they all go bad. Don't get down. You will see inprovments!

    ReplyDelete