Saturday, January 15, 2011

T Minus 16 Days

Here I sit - 16 days away from starting Weight Watchers. I want cake.

The last month has been the craziest of my whole entire life. It all started with ice skating...
I decided that before we left Chicago, I wanted to go ice skating. The date was set, the friends were invited and the day finally came!
And I fell and broke my stupid wrist.

This would't be so bad except for the fact that we were moving across the country in 4 days. Luckily we have beautiful friends who helped us finish packing and helped my poor husband load the truck.

Side note: I don't recommend driving for two days straight after you've broken your wrist. And please don't tell my doctor I did that.

So, thanks to my beautiful family and more beautiful friends, we got everything into the apartment and mostly set up.

Other than that I just hate this cast beyond everything that has ever existed in the universe and I am considering letting the dog chew it off.

All of this to say - working out it generally out of the picture until I heal - which could be Monday or it could be 6 months from now. (If you're ever bored, just look up how long it takes for a scaphoid navicular to heal when it it broken...fascinating reading)

Success!!! We went grocery shopping last night and I bought salad, tomatoes, and vinagrette dressing. I'm preparing myself.

16 days until the official starting weight...stay tuned

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck, you'll do great! If you want to get into running, Austin is a great running city! They have lots of free groups with all different levels.

    Evan is running the half-marathon in Austin in February, so maybe we can see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to do great, Erin. I read this article the other day, found it insightful, and thought I'd pass it on to you. Hope you find it helpful!

    http://www.homemakers.com/blog/eatbetter/2011/01/12/101-little-things-you-can-do-to-eat-better-all-the-time/

    ReplyDelete